The ‘Make Winston Witty’ Caption Contest Begins Today!
Winston is the lovely, strange and furry companion of Cheezburger employee Will (who you may recognize from LOLwork—the show currently airing on BRAVO about our entertaining Seattle office). We’ve decided that Winston needs some fresh phrases, and we know that you’re the bunch to do it! Just click on the image of Winston above and you’ll be taken to our builder which will help you caption the selected image. The Cheezburger user with the highest combination of reposts and Facebook shares wins the contest and an autographed copy of the new Oatmeal book, How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You—along with a 2013 daily ICHC calendar! Contest ends at 2 pm PST on Friday, and we’ll announce the winner on Monday, December 10. At that point we’ll also also post a different image of Winston to be captioned. So you have two weeks, and two chances to win these awesome prizes—show us your creativity!
MAKE WINSTON WITTY CONTEST SUMMARY
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
* Visit the Cheezburger Company Blog at http://blog.cheezburger.com/ starting Monday, December 3 to get the details and official rules of the Make Winston Witty Contest
* On Monday, Dec 3 and Monday, Dec 10, an image of Winston the cat will be posted on the blog. When the participant clicks on Winston’s image, they will be taken to the Cheezburger builder where they can caption the image.
* To be eligible, you will need to be signed into your Cheezburger account and submit the captioned picture of Winston. If you don’t have a Cheezburger account, you can register for one here.
* The winner will have the highest total combination of reposts and Facebook shares for their submitted picture of Winston.
One winner each week will receive (total of two winners):
* a 2013 I Can Has Cheezburger? daily calendar with captioned images and bonus content on the back of each calendar page
* an autographed copy of the new Oatmeal book, How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You which contains never-before-seen comics and a 18” x 24” pullout poster
* (approximate retail value of $100.00)
1. Contest Summary: Cheezburger (the “Sponsor”) will select the contest winner who had the highest combination of reposts and Facebook shares for each week (the weeks of December 3 and December 10). The Contest will begin at 9:00 AM PST on the Monday of the week, and end at 2:00 PM PST on the Friday of each week. Sponsor’s determination as to the Winner is final.
2. Eligible Participants: You must be 18 years of age or older and an United States resident in order to enter. Neither you nor any of your immediate family members may be affiliated in any way with Sponsor. Limit one entry per day per participant. Entering through multiple Cheezburger accounts will disqualify you.
3. No Spam/Compliance With Guidelines: All participants and all entries must comply with Pet Holdings Terms of Service and Use and Community Guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right to disregard entries that do not comply with these guidelines.
5. FTC Disclosure Guidelines: To the extent winners post or publish reviews of any of the prizes, the winners must comply with the FTC’s endorsement guidelines: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising: Notice Announcing Adoption of Revised Guides.”
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
7. No purchase Necessary. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
8. The above terms and conditions are only a summary of the Contest Official Rules [INSERT LINK TO OFFICIAL RULES]. The terms and conditions of the Contest Official Rules govern this Contest.
MAKE WINSTON WITTY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Make Winston Witty Contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Cheezburger (the “Sponsor”) and Sponsor’s parent companies, franchisees, partners, retailers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, printing suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Contest (collectively the “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members of each such employees (whether related or not), are not eligible to play or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and void where prohibited by such laws. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winners.
2. HOW TO ENTER. The first week, the Contest begins at 9:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, December 3, 2012 and entries will be accepted until 2:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, December 7, 2012 (“Entry Period”). The second week, the Contest begins at 9:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, December 10, 2012 and entries will be accepted until 2:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, December 14, 2012 (“Entry Period”). In order to be entered to win, an entrant must either:
· (1) visit the Cheezburger Company Blog at http://blog.cheezburger.com/ starting December 3 (the first contest begins December 3 and the second constest beings December 10) and (2) ensure you are signed into your Cheezburger account with a valid email and submit the captioned picture of Winston.
Each entrant may enter only once per day during the Entry Period. Use of any automated system or multiple accounts to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for an account will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of entries which will be made to the Contest.
3. ENTRY GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS. Entrants may not use bots or automated means to create a Cheezburger account and otherwise must comply with all terms in Sponsor’s Terms of Service and Use. Entrants’ failure to comply with the above entry guidelines, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may result in the deletion of one or more entries and disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, or misdirected entries. Such entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for inability to connect to any website including but not limited to cheezburger.com or for technical difficulties in receiving the “Winston photo entry”.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION. After expiration of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select the winning entry by tallying up the number of reposts and Facebook shares that entries have received, and the person who has received the highest combination of reposts and Facebook shares shall be the “Winner.” The Winner will be notified by email using the email information currently on file in connection with Winner’s Cheezburger account. If the Winner does not respond by email to the notification within 3 calendar days, they will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected as the Winner. The Winner will be required to complete and return (within 10 calendar days of written notification) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Failure to comply with the 10-day time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Winner. Acceptance of the prize offered constitutes permission by Winner (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, any public account information, in all forms of media worldwide, in perpetuity, without limitation, notice or further compensation.
5. PRIZES; ODDS OF WINNING. One Winner each week will receive: one (1) autographed copy of the new Oatmeal book, How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You which contains a ton of never-before-seen comics and a 18” x 24” pullout poster and one (1) 2013 I Can Has Cheezburger? daily calendar with captioned images and bonus content on the back of each calendar page. The odds of winning depend on the total number of all eligible entries received and the relative performance of all entrants. Approximate Prize value: $100.00. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
6. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES BY ENTRANT. By entering into the Contest, the entrant warrants that the entrant: (i) complies with these Official Rules; (ii) complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and (iii) shall indemnify and defend Sponsor against any and all claims or causes of action arising out of any of any of the foregoing representations and warranties.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. In the event of a printing or production-related error, Sponsor shall have no liability. In no event shall more prizes be awarded than the number stated in Section 5 above. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. By participating, the entrant agrees to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor and their respective parents, directors, officers, employees, shareholders and agents against any and all liability, damages claims or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of entrant’s participation or inability to participate in this Contest, and/or the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes awarded herein. The Winner further acknowledges that any products included by the Sponsor as part of the prize package are not manufactured or developed by Sponsor, and to the fullest extent allowed by law, Sponsor disclaims all warranties in connection with such products.
9. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT. The name of the Winner will be published on the Sponsor’s website at http://blog.cheezburger.com.
10. GRANT OF RIGHTS; WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS. As a condition of participation in this Contest, each entrant hereby grants and agrees to grant to Sponsor and its affiliates the non-exclusive worldwide, royalty free right and license to reproduce, modify, use, post, publish, perform, display, and otherwise distribute in any medium, the public account details of any entrant or the Winner, and/or otherwise use or exploit in connection with the promotion, publicity and/or advertising of the Contest and/or Sponsor.
11. FTC DISCLOSURE GUIDELINES. To the extent the Winner posts or publishes reviews of the prize, the Winner must comply with the FTC’s endorsement guidelines: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising: Notice Announcing Adoption of Revised Guides.”
12. GENERAL. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The laws of the State of Washington govern this Contest without reference to choice of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest is exclusively subject to binding arbitration (with one (1) arbitrator sitting) in Seattle, Washington pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Entrants hereby irrevocably waive any and all right to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Contest. Entrants further waive any objection to venue in Seattle, Washington, whether such objection is based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non conveniens, or the like.
Again, the image you’re captioning is below!